Charitable Choice is committed to ensuring that the personal information provided by all of our donors, gift card recipients and fundraisers is treated with respect and kept strictly confidential.
1. Personal Information
When you access our website, we may collect from you personal information such as your name and email address, correspondence address and telephone number. We may use the personal information collected from you for a number of purposes, including without limitation the following:
- communicating with you to confirm your gift card purchase and/or redemption and in relation to any problems that may arise in connection with processing your transaction;
- processing and administering donations made by you;
- publishing information as posted by you or as necessary to run and operate personal fundraising webpages created by you and hosted on our website;
- communicating with you about new developments in our charity services and organization, sending you promotional materials and inviting you to events organized by us and our charity partners, but only with your consent . You may choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter service at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us at Suite 602, 6/F, Keen Hung Commercial Building, 80 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong; and
- providing your personal information to our charity partners to allow them to communicate with you in relation to your donation to us designating them as the intended recipient, to send you promotional materials and to invite you to events organized by them.
We may also share your personal information with the following persons for the above purposes:
- third party service providers who provide administrative, communications, computer, payment, security or other services which assist us to carry out the above purposes;
- banks and other payment service providers; and
- our charity partners.
We take all practicable steps to ensure your personal information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. Your personal information will not be retained longer than necessary for fulfilling the above purposes.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal information held by us. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Suite 602, 6/F, Keen Hung Commercial Building, 80 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
2. Personal Information collected before April 1, 2013
There is an amendment to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong, which took effect on April 1, 2013. Under the new regulations, we are required to procure the consent of any data subjects for direct marketing activities. The new requirement does not apply to your personal information provided to us before April 1, 2013, provided we have explicitly informed you of our intention to use this data in direct marketing, and have not received any objection from you.
For customers who have subscribed to our newsletter service as well as those who have provided contact details for the purposes of buying or redeeming our Gift Cards before April 1, 2013, we retain and use your personal information to keep you informed of updates relating to the work of Charitable Choice and our beneficiary partners. We will continue to deliver this information to you as usual, using your contact details such as your name and email address.
We will continue to send news and promotions to you, but if you no longer want this service, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Suite 602, 6/F, Keen Hung Commercial Building, 80 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
3. Credit Card Information
When purchasing a gift card by credit card, your credit card information is held by Stripe payment gateway service, a secure payment processing facility, solely for the purpose of processing the payment. This information is not held by Charitable Choice at any time.
Customers' payment details are securely transmitted for real-time transaction authorisation using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
4. Links to other websites